- Additional information
Post-emulsifiable ZL-27A is a Level 3, high-sensitivity Type 1 penetrant designed for inspections which require maximum process control and reliability, such as safety-critical aerospace testing.
Since ZL-27A is not water soluble, there is minimal risk of this penetrant being removed from a fine or shallow defect through over-washing to provide the highest reliability of any penetrant inspection method.
ZL-27A has a high flash point and provides long tank life when used in open dip tanks, but this penetrant can also be applied in a variety of other ways, including electrostatic spray.
ZL-27A is listed on the QPL SAE AMS 2644 Qualified Product List and is approved for use by Pratt & Whitney.
Improve indication detection
- Clear, bright indications are easier to detect due to high UV and thermal stability – even for small flaws and discontinuities
- Indications stand out more since background fluorescence is minimized; emulsifiers only remove surface penetrant without the risk of over-washing
Maximize penetrant inspection process control
- Prevents over-washing since ZL-27A cannot be removed with water (unless combined with an emulsifier)
- PE penetrant system is less susceptible to human error since only surface penetrant is removed in the final rinse stage
Wide range of inspections
- Inspect a wide range of high-value components without fear of corrosion or specification non-conformance
- Meets all major industry and NDT specification requirements, including Aerospace Prime and OEM specs, AMS 2644 and ISO 3452
Maximize operator comfort and safety
- Promotes better inspection quality by providing the operator with a more comfortable work environment
- Reduces discomfort from strong odors
- Exceeds all EHS requirements
- Level 3 high sensitivity
- Post emulsifiable
- Bright indications
- Resists over-washing or over-removal
- High flash point
- Wide range of application methods
- Low odor
- Very low toxicity
- Alloy compatibility
- High thermal resistance
- High UV stability
- QPL SAE AMS 2644 Qualified Product List
- Approved for use by Pratt & Whitney
Aerosol Can (Case of 12), 5 Gal. Pail, 20 Gal. Drum, 55 Gal. Drum