- Additional information
Water-Based Fluorescent Magnetic Particle Concentrate
14A Redi-Bath is a highly sensitive water-based magnetic particle suspension for locating very fine discontinuities in critical parts. A concentrated mixture of 14A with water conditioning agents, defoamers, and corrosion inhibitors. 14A Redi-Bath is intended for use in wet method magnetic particle inspection.
14A Redi-Bath is diluted with water for use then sprayed onto a magnetized part prior to inspection. It is used to detect cracks and seams, as well as inclusions, laps, tears and flakes. 14A Redi-bath can detect flaws that are open to the surface of the part, or slightly sub-surface. Parts tested can be forgings, welds, castings, and stamped or machined ferromagnetic materials, such as steel and other alloys of iron, nickel, and cobalt. Using 14A Redi-Bath may eliminate the need for an additional corrosion inhibitor step. The fluorescent particles in 14A collect where the magnetic field is interrupted, and glow under ultraviolet (UV) lighting.
- Clear, bright indications under ultra-violet light
- High sensitivity
- Easy post-testing clean up
- Excellent fluorescent contrast for quick identification
- Excellent particle mobility
- Good dispersion stability
- Great concentration consistency
- Superior surface wetting
- Even surface coverage and higher probability of detection
- Good corrosion protection
27 Fl. Oz. (Case of 6), 1 Gal. Jug (Case of 4)