- Additional information
Economical Power Pack Magnetic Current Generators
P-Series portable power packs are convenient and economical inspection units that are used in a wide range of magnetic particle inspection applications that require only moderate power.
These portable electromagntic current generators are ideal for inspecting large or heavy parts, in-service mobile equipment or job-site weld testing with magnetic particle inspection NDT method.
P-Series power packs are availble in two configurations P-70 and P-1500 to meet a variety of mag particle inspection needs. Click on the tabs below for more details on these configurations.
- Find surface defects with AC current; switch cable connection to half wave DC (HWDC) for near-surface flaws
- Locate defects in any direction using prods, central conductor, coil (wrap part with 3-5 turns of cable)
- Infinitely variable current control
- Demagnetize parts in AC mode by slowly turning the current dial to zero
- Built-in automatic-reset circuit breaker
- May be used as the main power source for the Mag Kit modular bench inspection system
- Comes standard with 15 ft / 4.5 m remote control cable
|Contact Current Capacity (amps)*||AC||750||1,500|
|Dimensions||17.5 x 9 x 7.5 in /|
44.5 x 23 x 19 cm
|22 x 9.5 x 9.5 in /|
56 x 24 x 24 cm
|Weight||35 lb / 16 kg||93 lb / 42 kg|
* Rated with 2 sets of 15 ft / 4.6 m of 4/0 cable
115 V, 230 V